Monday, December 27, 2010

Cookie Recipes

We had a little cookie exchange with come friends from church and I agreed to post the recipes here for everybody's convenience.

Here are Christi's Peppermint Kiss Blossoms

Tiffany's Brownie Covered Oreos
http://picky-palate.com/2010/12/06/brownie-covered-oreos/#more-10509

And my Ginger Snaps
(I am so old fashioned, I got my recipe from a recipe book.)
3/4 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. molasses
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon

Beat shortening and sugar. Add egg and beat till fluffy, add molasses. Mix flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon. Add to first mixture. Beat until smooth. Roll into 1 inch balls. Roll ball in sugar. Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 min. Tops should be cracked.

Katie said that her recipes were family secrets. Personally I think that she just didn't want to write it down. Either that or she didn't actually follow a recipe. You know how Katie is.

No comments: