Thursday, June 9, 2011

Little Bunny Purple Pants/Song of the Week #3


Little Bunny Purple Pants joined our family last year. Chesson was getting her third set of ear tubes plus having her adenoids removed. The surgical center had a pile of stuffed animals for the kids to choose from and Chesson was irresistibly drawn to the fluffy white bunny in the beautiful dress (with purple pants).
Surgery is a difficult business even if you don't include the illness or surgery itself. You have to arrive early in the morning and you can't eat breakfast so the child is tired and hungry and feeling a little worried by all the excitement. Parents are tired and tense. You have to wait in an unfamiliar place with nothing to do.
Then surgery.
Then you have to hold your terrified child as they come out of the anesthesia. Then wait a while until they are ready to go home.
In an attempt to keep Chesson calm through all of this Keith came up with a song that has become part of the family repertoire.
(Sung to the tune of "If your happy and you know it.")
If I stand on my head you can see my purple pants.
If I stand on my head you can see my purple pants.
But if I sit up tall and put my dress down low
I can wear purple pants and no one ever knows.

The dancing bunny is the best part. Chessy was still a little loopy when they got home from the hospital and showed us the song. The hysterical giggling was about the funniest thing I've ever seen.

No comments: